Saturday, September 22, 2007

About MnC...

This blog started out as a tribute to my two sons, Travis and Tony aka TnT, and their love for horses. At the time they were deep in the Sierra Nevada Mountains on a two week packing trip. They took four mustangs and Kate, their Australian Shepherd/Border Collie with them. However, they owned 5 Mustangs that they adopted from the California Bureau of Land Management and I had a Quarter Horse mare. The blog would therefore center around the training of these 6 horses and Kate, their Australian Shepherd/Border Collie and Rusty, a Border Collie/Queensland.

As time went on TnT were asked to train a few other horses, we lost a mare, and acquired more dogs. The Cast of Animal Characters is a little different now and I have listed them in order of adoption or acquisition into our family:

Cahlibur ~ Travis' 8 year old Bay Mustang Gelding ~ adopted August 21, 2001.
Coal ~ Tony's 8 year old Dark Brown Mustang Gelding ~ adopted August 21, 2001.
Kate ~ TnT's 3 year old Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix found in the oil fields.
Oakley ~ Janey's 8 year old Sorrel Quarter Horse ~ given to us in November 2005.
Belle ~ Tony's 4 year old Grey Mustang Mare ~ adopted February 2, 2005.
Maggey ~ Travis' Line Backed Dun Mustang Mare ~ adopted February 2, 2005.
Rusty ~ TnT's 2 year old Queensland/Red Border Collie ~ found at the back of our property.
Clancey ~ Travis' 2 year old Dark Brown Mustang Gelding ~ son of Maggey.
Cody ~ 6 month old "Queensland Border Shepherd" ~ son of Kate 'n' Rusty.
Jessie ~ 6 month old "Queensland Border Shepherd" ~ daughter of Kate 'n' Rusty.
Shiloh ~ 6 month old "Queensland Border Shepherd" ~ daughter of Kate 'n' Rusty.
ShyAnne ~ 6 month old "Queensland Border Shepherd" ~ daughter of Kate 'n' Rusty.


All the animals except Shiloh 'n' ShyAnne live in Texas with TnT. The girls (Shiloh 'n' ShyAnne) live with me and my other animals* here in California and we lost Maggey in September of 2006 while the guys were on their Sierra Nevada Pack Trip.

You are welcome to drop by MnC anytime,

Janey Loree

*Read about my other animals over at Notes That Touch The Heart!

Click Here to Visit BLOG VILLAGE


MnC's Disclaimer: At no time is excessive force, cruelty or brutality used when training the horses pictured in this blog. Reinforcing pats and firm gentleness, along with calmness from the trainers, encourage the horses to do as they are asked.

4 comments:

Sharon Lynne said...

Greetings Cousin,

I enjoyed reviewing the cast of charactors!

I hope your back is doing better. It's no fun to have a bad back!

The animals seem to be adjusting to their new home in Texas. I wonder if Oakley is friendlier with the boys because she sees familiar faces in unfamiliar territory. Nevertheless, I'm glad she's doing well!

Unknown said...

Hey Cousin CB, I was thinking about you today, wondering how you were doing! I'll be running over to California Breeze after I finish here!!

That's a very good idea about Oakley...could be.

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the animal list. I had gotten a little lost, so this is most helpful. Glad to hear Coal is OK now.

Hey, the BLOG VILLAGE Banner looks great and works just fine! Did you ever get anything done on the Equine Webring? With your back acting up, probably not, but I thought I'd ask.

Unknown said...

Hi DB! I am finishing up the particulars on the Equine Webring!! And you are right, this last episode with my back put me behind shedule on everything!!!

I will keep you updated.

Summitt For Circuit City's new "FireDog"!

Blog Carnivals...

Blog Village Quarterly Carnival
Fall Fest
October 29, 2007 England goes GONZO Carnival BLOG VILLAGE Carnival: Recreation