Saturday, September 08, 2007

TnT's Place in Pecos...

TnT's Place in Pecos
TnT are getting settled into their place! Monday was Labor Day so they didn't do too much. When they were at the facility on Tuesday, then bumped into Warden G. in the hall. He has been waiting for them to get back to Texas so that the guys can start training his mare! He used to work at the prison here in Taft. He told them where they could buy hay and at the feed store they made friends with the owner who invited them to come out to his place to start team roping again. The guys bought hay, the material to make the dog run, new tags for Kate 'n' Rusty and new red collars, leashes and tags for Jessie and Cody.

On Wednesday, they ran down to Alpine, Texas for their Psych test and found Big Bend Saddlery and a handmade hat store next door. They guys called and told me about the head measurement tool that was made in the 1880's. It sounded pretty ingenious and would give the exact measurements and shape of ones head. TnT came away with a couple of catalogs for future purchases!

On Thursday, the feed store guy hailed TnT while they were taking a load to the storage unit. He wanted to know if they would run out to the WT Ranch and help! The ranch is supposed to be 30 miles across and they do their main herding by helicopter. The guys didn't take horses because they were told that they would be doing ground work. It turned out that the ranch hands were finished for the day when TnT got out there, but they stood around and talked for awhile. The guys don't see it as a wasted trip at all!

Friday their water and electricity was turned on and the guys spent the day cleaning. They called and asked me how to make tea. Later they had a thunder and lightening storm and they called me while sitting on the front porch enjoying the peace and quiet and the storm! Oh, how I miss a good ol' Texas rainstorm.

TnT's Horses

This morning Tony sent the pictures of their place so far and said that they met the contact man of the Reeves County Sheriff's Posse. They paid the rent and found out that they can ride the horses in the arena. They don't think that they will join the Sheriff's Posse...they have Oakley, Belle and Clancey's training to complete, the Warden's mare to train and Coal and Cahlibur to ride. To start off they will be working five 12 hour days at the facility and will only have a couple of hours a day to work with the horses. They can get a lot done in those two hours and it sounds like the Sheriff's Posse keeps really busy with barbecues and such in their spare time! We will see what the future brings!!!

Click Here to Visit BLOG VILLAGE

MnC's Disclaimer: At no time is excessive force, cruelty or brutality used when training the horses pictured in this blog. Reinforcing pats and firm gentleness, along with calmness from the trainers, encourage the horses to do as they are asked.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so great how you are all keeping in touch and making us all part of your family.

Unknown said...

I am tickled that you feel like you are part of our family...Welcome!!!

Midlife Mom said...

Glad you took a look at Buddy's shoes. I personally had never seen them done that way before but my farrier assures me that it is done in cases of founder and other things. Yes, I too hope it works and that he continues to improve. We certainly have done everything humanly possible to make this happen.

Your boys are getting all set up nicely! They certainly will be busy with the long shifts and the hosrse work to be done.

I agree with Jan, thanks for letting us be a part of your family! It is so very interesting and you all seem like really nice people!!!!

Unknown said...

I have not seen that before either but it has the potential to work and the excellent care Buddy receives from you, his vet and farrier along with prayer will go a long way for his recovery.

Today was the first day on the job for TnT as well as MnC's Anniversary date!

We have plenty of room in our family for you too, Midlife Mom!!!

Sharon Lynne said...

Hi Cuz,

It looks like the boys are off to a good start! By the way...I don't think all brothers could live together, like your sons do. It's amazing that they can get along! Something a mom should be proud of.

Yes that rain shower sounds nice! I miss rain!

Midlife Mom said...

Thanks! I'd be proud to be part of your family!!!

Now I'm going to check out your other blogs. My sister and her husband do music, mostly blue grass and gospel. They travel on the weekends all over New England. I'm going to tell them about your musical family.

Unknown said...

Hi ladies! You know Cousin CB, I am proud of TnT, however I give God the credit for how they get along!

Don't get me wrong, they do get on each others nerves once in awhile...but the majority of the time they just do things together!!!

I'll have to get over and see how Buddy is coming along, Midlife Mom! Does your sister and her husband have a website or blog that we can visit?

Midlife Mom said...

Hi Janey My sister's site is www.thelaclaires.com I called her and we clicked on your site and listened to some of your music! Very good, we love it! Love your header, it is sooooo cute!

Rising Rainbow said...

Glad to hear that they have arrived are are settling in. Sounds like it's going to be a hectic schedule though. Wow. But I know they'll do great.

Sheila said...

You must miss them but it sounds like they are settling in just fine.

Unknown said...

Hi Ladies! I thought that I had already answered Midlife Mom and Rising Rainbow. However, I have been out with my back, so I could have just read the comments!

I do know that I dropped by The LaClaire's and love their sound! Thanks for dropping by over at FFS Midlife Mom!

Rising Rainbow, the guys are settling down to a schedule and are loving it!!!

You know Sheila, I do miss them, but with modern conveniences like the cell phone with unlimited mobile to mobile, it's not so bad!

Summitt For Circuit City's new "FireDog"!

Blog Carnivals...

Blog Village Quarterly Carnival
Fall Fest
October 29, 2007 England goes GONZO Carnival BLOG VILLAGE Carnival: Recreation