Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Horses and Friends"...

While working on a calendar project, I ran across a poem I wrote for a friend of ours who had a heart attack. The poem was placed on a wall calendar so that he could count the days 'til he could get back up on his horse! I would like to share it with you now...

Horses and Friends

There’s a feeling that comes with owning a good horse,

That isn’t that easy to explain...

It settles deep in your soul and keeps it’s course,

And strengthens as you train.

It’s felt when you complete another good run,

With a steer strung out between “Header and Heeler”,

As well as when you are just watching the view,

Or setting back to take a breather.

Just like that horse, we found a good friend,

With whom we don’t have to explain...

That we are praying for you as you recover and mend

...to get back in the saddle again.

written by Janey Loree Fisher

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poem is wonderful....I had read it the other day as you know but it wasn't until this am that I realized it applies to Vickierose. She is still strugling but did ride for a few minutes yesterday. Said she fully expects to be sore today...can you say, "outta shape"?

~~Jann~~

Unknown said...

Thank you Jann! If Vickierose is outta shape, what do you call me?!!!

Rising Rainbow said...

The poem is cool.

I've sent emails about the equine web ring before. Now when I try, I get caught in some kind of loop or something.

Unknown said...

Thanks rising rainbow! What address are you sending to, I will look into the problem.

I have had satellite problems, I hope this doesn't mean they are still there...

In the meantime, you can join the webring here on MnC. I just tested it and it seems to be working just fine...please let me know!

Sharon Lynne said...

You were so kind to your friend. A poem like this certainly cheered him. You are inspiring me to write poems to people who need cheering up!

Unknown said...

Hi Cousin! You will have to share your poems with us!

Summitt For Circuit City's new "FireDog"!

Blog Carnivals...

Blog Village Quarterly Carnival
Fall Fest
October 29, 2007 England goes GONZO Carnival BLOG VILLAGE Carnival: Recreation