Thursday, February 05, 2009

Tempers Still Flaring at the Reeves County Detention Center...


The Pecos Enterprise shot this picture showing flames and smoke coming from the prison. Special thanks to the Pecos Enterprise.

Travis and Tony are still working out at the prison. I have not talked with them since the call on Monday and have been diligently feeding the horses and dogs until I hurt by back Wednesday morning getting ready for work. Our wonderful friends have come to my rescue on feeding the horses, so that I can use all my energy taking care of Katy, Rusty, Jessie & Cody.

I have proof that these dogs are intuitive and know when something is ailing you! They knew that my back was killing me and therefore did not jump up to say "Hi!" Not one of them jumped on me. Rusty kept rubbing up against my legs as if to say "Where are our masters?" I made sure they had plenty of water and food and untangled Rusty's chain. We have to keep him chained up so that he doesn't take the kids out for a stroll in the neighborhood.

Katy has been a little protective of the food lately, so I lovingly stroked her head while I gave a handful to Rusty and Jessie who were hovering near the food bowl, letting them eat out of my hand as I slowing moved it so that they were eating out of the bowl along with Miss Kate. Cody had retreated under the house, probably waiting for his mom to finish so I took a couple of handfuls over to him.

I can tell that they are missing Travis and Tony about as much as I am...


MnC's Disclaimer: At no time is excessive force, cruelty or brutality used when training the horses pictured in this blog. Reinforcing pats and firm gentleness, along with calmness from the trainers, encourage the horses to do as they are asked.

No comments:

Summitt For Circuit City's new "FireDog"!

Blog Carnivals...

Blog Village Quarterly Carnival
Fall Fest
October 29, 2007 England goes GONZO Carnival BLOG VILLAGE Carnival: Recreation