Friday, January 19, 2007

Howling, he'd been left behind...

Gunny: This is my favorite picture of Kate 'n' Rusty, so far that is! Kate 'n' Rusty go everywhere with TnT. Last night as TnT went for a ride out into the desert behind our property, they were trying out some new throat mics with two way radios that they bought for use when they go for dirt bike rides with their uncle.
With Rusty in training, they decided to drop him off as they rode by on Cahlibur 'n' Coal. They wouldn't be able to give him their direct attention. Katy stays close, knowing her boundaries, so she got to go along. Well, all of a sudden I hear this howl that sounded like a wolf or one of the dogs was hurt really bad! Upon inspection to make sure that Diesel, Dunny and Dippy were not in dire circumstances, I found Rusty sitting in the middle of the property, faced toward the desert, howling that he had been left behind! He searched for TnT's trail until they came home and he found them at the side gate...

4 comments:

Sharon Lynne said...

It's fun to hear about your puppies, dogs and horses! My brother and sister-in-law own and board horses in Colorado. I don't know a lot about horses, but I enjoy my visits to Colorado. Oh! and that sounds so fun to be able to ride an off-road motorcycle right off your property and out into the desert! (We have to trailer the bikes sooooo far).

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Sharon Lynne! TnT ride their horses out into the desert during the week and their dirt bikes on the weekends with my brother. But they have to trailer both horses and bikes to ride on the beach!

What breed of horses do your brother and sister-n-law own?

Sharon Lynne said...

The breed is "Paint". I think. I"ll ask. I'll tell them about your blog...they would enjoy it. They're 12 and 15 and they love animals!

Unknown said...

That's wonderful, Sharon Lynne! TnT are training a Quarter Horse Paint for a friend over at the stables. My next post will be on "Lucky"...

Summitt For Circuit City's new "FireDog"!

Blog Carnivals...

Blog Village Quarterly Carnival
Fall Fest
October 29, 2007 England goes GONZO Carnival BLOG VILLAGE Carnival: Recreation